Bitbucket pipeline dependency

My Bitbucket pipeline failed with the error message:

+ bundle exec hanami db prepare
sh: 1: sqlite3: not found
/usr/local/bundle/gems/hanami-model-1.2.0/lib/hanami/model/migrator/adapter.rb:214:in `block in execute'
/usr/local/bundle/gems/hanami-model-1.2.0/lib/hanami/model/migrator/adapter.rb:216:in `block in execute'
...

Apparently the Ruby Docker image is based on Debian, so I can just add

...
script:
- apt-get update && apt-get install sqlite3
... 

to my bitbucket-pipelines.yml file.

A program with an incorrect format

Server Error in '/Web.Api' Application.
Could not load file or assembly 'Oracle.ManagedDataAccessDTC' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.BadImageFormatException: Could not load file or assembly ‘Oracle.ManagedDataAccessDTC’ or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.

In my case this isn’t really an issue with the Oracle dependencies. The key here is the An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format part. The problem occurs on my local Windows 10 (x86_64) machine with IIS 10. And yes, the project builds for 32 bit, not 64 bit. Setting “Enable 32-bit applications” in the “Advanced settings…” of the web site (“Default Web Site” in my case), in the “Application Pools” solves the problem.

Removing annoying Cisco Jabber thingy

Cisco Jabber 11.7 on Windows 10. It has a small, somewhat hidden grey bar at the top of my screen, that shows some buttons and a search field if I put the mouse over it. I didn’t know the name of it, and it’s a bit hard to find a solution for removing it without that. In the settings nothing seems to do the trick or to be at least somewhat related.

Apparently, this is the “docked window”. On the main window, after clicking the gear button, there is a checkbox for “Show docked window”, that does remove it.

SSH connection problem

bmiklos@workstation:~> ssh my.server.com
channel 0: open failed: connect failed: Connection timed out
ssh_exchange_identification: Connection closed by remote host

In cases like the one above this page gives good hints for solving the problem. They’re missing my case though:
The ~/.ssh/config file can contain host rules which accidentally apply to the host. E.g.:

Host *serv*.com
    ProxyCommand ssh my.service.com -W %h:%p
    User bmiklos

in my case.

Make sure that if you use wildcards in the host name, be specific enough!

(Connecting with the -v flag can also help determining what options are applied to the connection.)

Tests with gradle from IntelliJ

I’m trying to run tests as gradle tasks from IntelliJ with specifying which tests do I actually want to run.

From the console the tests run fine:
./gradlew myTestTask --tests 'com.mycompany.MyTestClass'

But if I create a new run/debug configuration in IntelliJ with myTestTask as the task and --tests 'com.mycompany.MyTestClass' as the script parameters then the runs produce errors like:

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.
* What went wrong:
Execution failed for task ':myProject:myTestTask'.
> No tests found for given includes: ['com.mycompany.MyTestClass']

Apparently IntelliJ puts singe quotes around the task + script parameters, as it can be seen from the third line of the output and this seems to cause problems

1:16:34 PM: Executing external task 'myTestTask --tests 'com.mycompany.MyTestClass''...

Using double quotes instead of single ones solves the problem, and the configuration runs fine:
--tests "com.mycompany.MyTestClass"

Using Selenium with a virtual framebuffer

I needed to run my Selenium tests on a virtual machine, on RedHat Enterprise Linux 6.6 in a multi-screen environment and this messed up the screenshots that the tests took. Virtual frame buffer to the rescue:

First I had to install it,

wget http://vault.centos.org/6.2/os/x86_64/Packages/xorg-x11-server-Xvfb-1.10.4-6.el6.x86_64.rpm

sudo yum localinstall xorg-x11-server-Xvfb-1.10.4-6.el6.x86_64.rpm 

then I could start it,

Xvfb :1 -screen 5 1024x768x8 &

make that terminal session use it,

export DISPLAY=:1.5

and I could finally run my tests, with the screenshots working fine.